Do you support Git?
Posted by Zach Taylor on 20 October 2012 3:23 PM
Attention developers! We fully support the usage of Git on all Shared, Reseller, VPS, and Dedicated servers.
For Shared and Reseller clients (with the exception of resold clients under your Reseller package), you will need to fill out the SSH Access Request form before we can allow Git over SSH (we do not yet support git:// on Shared/Reseller servers).
Once you do this, we will reply with the port information for access to SSH, and the Git configuration you'll need to setup a repository and start developing!
* Create a git repo locally inside of your home directory (NOT on the server yet)
* Create a bare repo on the server (SSH Access Required)
* Insert the following script into post-receive
#!/bin/sh GIT_WORK_TREE=/home/USERNAME/public_html/ git checkout -f
* Make the script executable
chmod +x hooks/post-receive
* On your local machine, add some files and the configuration
git add file1.txt dir/ dir2/*
* Your changes should show up instantly on your website configured on our servers!